Interested in learning more about eating disorders, and disordered eating? The following may be helpful to you:
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders.
- The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, (ANAD) is a non-profit organization working in the areas of support, awareness, advocacy, referral, education, and prevention of eating disorders.
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), part of the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, explains that eating disorders are serious and often fatal illnesses that are associated with severe disturbances in people’s eating behaviors and related thoughts and emotions.
- Relief Resources is an international nonprofit organization that provides mental health guidance, education, and treatment recommendations for individuals in the Jewish community.
- The Body Project is a group-based intervention that provides a forum for high school girls and college aged women to confront unrealistic appearance ideals and develop healthy body image and self-esteem. It has repeatedly been shown to effectively reduce body dissatisfaction, negative mood, unhealthy dieting and disordered eating.
- ANAD (National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated disorders), an organization helping anyone in eating disorder recovery, and their families, with free support services
- EDGI.ORG (Eating Disorders Genetic Initiative), The Eating Disorders Genetics Initiative (EDGI) is the largest-ever genetic research study of eating disorders. If you have had anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or binge-eating disorder at any time in your life, you are invited you to partake in this critical research project.